Latest NewsEPA Updates Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for New Power Plants/ Agency also proposes updates to oil and gas storage tank standards 03/29/2013
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued updates to pollution limits for new power plants under the mercury and air toxics standards, based on new information and analysis that became available to the agency after the rule was finalized.
EPA Proposes Achievable Cleaner Fuels and Cars Standard, Slashing Air Pollution and Providing Extensive Health Benefits 03/29/2013
Based on extensive input from auto manufacturers, refiners, and states, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today proposed sensible standards for cars and gasoline that will significantly reduce harmful pollution, prevent thousands of premature deaths and illnesses, while also enabling efficiency improvements in the cars and trucks we drive. These cleaner fuels and cars standards are an important component of the administration's national program for clean cars and trucks, which also include historic fuel efficiency standards that are saving new vehicle owners at the gas pump today. Once fully in place, the standards will help avoid up to 2,400 premature deaths per year and 23,000 cases of respiratory ailments in children.
Bio-diesel Fuel Company Owner Sentenced to 188 Months in Federal Prison for Crimes Connected to Illegal Fuels Scheme 03/29/2013
Jeffrey David Gunselman, 30, was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Sam R. Cummings to 188 months in federal prison, fined $175,000 and ordered to pay more than $54.9 million in restitution, following his guilty plea in December 2012 to an indictment charging 51 counts of wire fraud, 24 counts of money laundering and four counts of making false statements in violation of the Clean Air Act.
Air Quality Partners - Where you Live
- What is AirShare?
Airshare.info provides clean air partners, across the country,
with a place to network and leverage ideas and information to
purposefully and effectively meet the clean air goals of the
21st century. This site is administered by the Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Association of Clean
Air Agencies (NACAA). This integrated website offers a
state-of-the-art searchable database for easy accessibility to
successful air quality improvement programs such as:
- New Hampshire Clean School Bus Initiative
- Broward County Florida Conservation and Climate Change Challenge (C3) Toolkit
- Wisconsin DNR Activity Guide for 3rd&4th Graders "Air, Air Everywhere"
- EPA Burnwise initiative
- Lansing, Michigan Flash Mob for Clean Commuting Options
- Climate Change Science primer brochure
- Other useful resources
- EPA - http://www.epa.gov/
- NACAA - http://www.4cleanair.org/
- AirNow - http://airnow.gov/
- Outdoor AQ - http://www.enviroflash.info/
- Indoor AQ - http://www.epa.gov/iaq/
- Here vs. There - http://www.epa.gov/aircompare/
- (ACEEE Green Car Website) Cars - http://www.greenercars.org/index.htm
- (Energy Star Website) Appliances - http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=home.index
- (US Green Building Council) Architecture - http://www.usgbc.org/
- Follow AirShare on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/airshareinfo